Hey, hey! A big shout out to DigiStitches! Our friends at DigiStitches have donated two huge gift cards for this week’s giveaway! Can you believe it? Two $100 shopping sprees…two winners! I’m very impressed by their generosity but I have to tell you, I have always been impressed by their creativity. Wow – their designs are to-die-for and Jennilee’s (the lady behind the creativity at DigiStitches) twist on play food is well, quite playful! We published a very popular how-to on stitching no-cal sugar cookies and thought we’d share it with you. Play food is not just for kids, you know, they make great ornaments for a kitchen Christmas tree.
Click here to download the free project.
Of course, at this time of year, many of you are in your kitchens baking up a storm. And many of us here at Designs are wishing we were home making cookies. But deadlines loom (and there never seems to be a lack of deadlines!) so we haven’t been able to play hookie. Instead, we decided to do some baking here! And what fun we had. We learned quite a few things.
1. You don’t need a lot of fancy kitchen equipment to bake cookies. We only have a toaster oven in the breakroom.
2. Teamwork spreads out the workload. Some brought dough, others equipment and others contributed icing and sprinkles.
3. Its best to provide a detailed list of what to bring to those who are currently residing on cloud 9. One of our officemates, Stephanie Stubbs, wore her shiny, brand new engagement ring because she thought we said ‘sparkles’, not sprinkles.
4. Those who you least expect to excel at decorating cookies, absolutely shine if you give them some icing and a small sugary canvas. We were blown away by our IT project manager, Roy Garland. Here’s a few of his creations
5. Baking really spreads the holiday cheer. If you’ve got some holiday blues, mix some flour, sugar and butter and then bake! It’ll lift your spirits in no time. Here’s our web czar – she’s an avid baker, chef and soapmaker! And she’s sharing her no-fail sugar cookie recipe. Click here to download.
You can view the rest of the photos on Facebook!
I know you’re running your embroidery machines on full throttle but how about the oven? Are you firing it up – baking for the holidays? If so, what cookie do you bake (oh, ok, buy) every year? Is there just one that makes your holiday? Let us know and you’ll be entered to win one of those two shopping sprees from DigiStitches! Two gift certificates double your chance to win!
Last week we asked what colors you were decorating with for the Holidays! The winner of the thread and needle set is… Debra Wilson!
“I love using Christmas Red and green but of course have to use some metallic wth them for the shine an the “OH” factor.”